Thursday, December 18, 2008

A Christmas Gift for Jesus

The other day I was listening to music while doing housework, when Corynn went in her room and turned on Kids Christmas Carols. It was so sweet to hear children singing, so I turned off my music and let her CD carry throughout the house. After Silent Night was over, she came into the kitchen, with tears in her eyes. I thought she had been hurt, so I asked her what was the matter. She told me that she just listened to the words of that song Silent Night, and it really touched her to hear about Jesus' birth. Such a sweet thing for a mother to hear, and I thought the tender moment was over. She disappeared for a little while, and when she came out of her room she was carrying a gift, which she had just wrapped, and placed it under the tree. When I looked at the gift, the tag said, "To: Jesus From: Corynn." I asked her why she did this, and she said, "I think too many people forget about Jesus during Christmas time, so I wanted to give him a gift to show that I remember him." I asked her what she thought Jesus would want for a gift, to which she replied, "for people to be nice, kind and loving." I guess we will have to wait until Christmas to see what Corynn got for Jesus. I hope he gets what he wants.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Corynn, you ROCK!!! I think you might be on to a new great Christmas Tradition!

Thanks for inspiring me and so many others!

krisser